Post by nephillymike on Oct 7, 2019 20:50:20 GMT -5
A few questions:
1. What was your W-L record prediction before the start of the season?
2. What did you think our record would be after five games?
3. What record did you project for this next stretch and has that changed ?
4. Answer this question: This team (is or is not) as good as I expected.
1. I predicted 11-5 2. Thought we'd be 3-2, but had us losing to GB and beating DET. 3. I predicted 1-2 over the next three games and I expect that now.
4. The team is not as good as I expected. The DL, DB and WR are all disappointing as is the lack of flow in the offensive play calling. I realize some are injury related, but we have to play who is available and that is disappointing. I originally saw this team as getting to the NFC championship or further. Now I see a loss in the division round.
Post by birdwatcher on Oct 7, 2019 22:19:30 GMT -5
I'll say this, we have the same problem as last year, no DEEP threat. Torrey Smith provided that in 2017 and this O clicked, last year his replacement went down early and we struggled all season. So, if DJax comes back soon, and can stay on the field, I think we can go toe to toe with anyone. If not, it will be a crap shoot all year. Oh, and if he comes back any less than 100%, that adds to the mystery. Really need to draft a fast WR with good hands next year, I love Jackson but he is older and clearly struggling to get healthy.
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open. FZ
If they were healthy, I had them at 13-3. They have NOT been healthy so...
After these 5 games I had them 4-1 with the lone loss to Atlanta because they never win in Atlanta.
They are not as good as I expected. On offense, some of that are the injuries but the playcalling has been questionable. I think the offense can be much better than we're seeing--and I expected--but the injuries have made it tough on them.
The defense has been very disappointing--other than Sunday. Injuries have not helped the defense either. If the defense can get its act together, they should be ok to make a deep run. If not, well....